Saturday, September 15, 2012

Letters From Home

Letters from Home: A Wake-up Call for Success and Wealth 

By David R. Reiser, Andrea R. Reiser

Advice for the authors children. 
Education. Hard work. Don't be afraid of change. Listen to feedback. Don't be afraid to take risks. Integrity. Gratitude. Charity. 

I'm not sure what prompted my wife to buy this book. But it was on the shelf and I thought that she had said it might be something I'd like. I laid out a few books that I might read next and let my daughter pick. She picked this one as it had a sandcastle on the front. Note to self:  letting your three year old pick a book out for you to read might not be such a good idea.

First off this is a book made up of mini biographies of different people in the authors life that they feel are good examples to their four sons. You will read heartwarming stories of people going from nothing to leaving a multi-generational trust as their legacy. Many of the stories are about entrepreneurs who took a chance.

I don't mean to make light of this book as I found myself smiling, empathizing, laughing; generally enjoying the stories - but who is this book's target audience? Other than the four Reisner children I just don't get it. The subtitle is "A wake up call for success and wealth." I don't know.  I will say this book has encouraged me to try and change to be a bit more grateful and more optimistic. 

I couldn't really recommend this book. 
blog comments powered by Disqus